Dome Life (Welcome Dome)

    I decided recently to take a week off from the festival world. To collect myself and find rejuvenation. I was invited to pitch my tent at this lovely geodesic shaped home called the Dome House. I know that this blog is intended to be about sustainability, but being a part of a community can be part of sustainability.
    Because I try to run a tight ship and my footprint is small, I was able to come into this community of women with out worrying about being an invasive guest. And they welcomed me with open arms. My tactics of sustainability are constantly evolving as well as the environments in which I use those tactics. But for some reason, staying at the dome didn't feel like this crazy new place. It felt like being at home. With the constant change I deal with, it was nice to come into a community that is pretty well established and feel completely welcomed and included.  I was very blessed to be able to have a genuine connection with every single woman that lives at the dome.
    Another aspect that made it fulfilling for me was the fact that this home is filled with students. It was so refreshing to be immersed in kind and loving feminine energy, laughing at silly things, and then spontaneously dive into intellectual conversations at 2 o'clock in the morning. These Intellectual conversations and these women's eagerness to learn and grow has inspired some serious growth with in myself. I fell that I grew with in this community because I grew with in myself. And I grew with in myself because I grew with in this community.

   One conversation in particular really inspired me to look at 1) why I am driven by spirituality? 2) What are we/ What am I doing to help the world around us? 3) What are common shortcomings with in society and with in myself that can be transformed in order to bring about more healing and light.  Basically I had a paradigm shift. I would like to share with you a few excerpts from my personal journal of what I walked away with and the toughs that were inspired by my time at the dome House.

   Thought 1 (working on self):     "We take the time to understand numbers, codes and algorithms. To understand all of this "scholarly knowledge". But we don't take the time to know the self. Even when we study human thought and behavior, It seems to me that we still don't take the time to sit with ourselves and really learn all of the aspects of ourselves (including our shadow, what makes us uncomfortable and what makes us fearful). It is important to come back to the self because that is how we transform suffering. The world
doesn't exist unless "I" perceive it. We see that the world is suffering, but how can we transform that if we don't even understand our own perceptions. 

  Thought 2 (Forgiving myself):  "It's hard to walk this path because I would like to embody right thought and right action as perfectly as I am told I should aim to be, but some times I get discouraged.  I have to remember not only that I am a human being, but also that every new concept that I am trying to transform into right thought/speech/action is still new to me. I have to remember that I am PRACTICING these new concepts. And through practice my thoughts speech and behaviors will transform, but practices is here so that I can make mistakes if that is the part of my journey. I have to be patient and forgiving of myself, because as I allow myself to get discouraged, I begin to lose track of why I started down this path & what it is I am transforming. Rather than allow myself to get distracted by discouragement, I have to forgive myself and maintain conviction to walk this path because it is the right thing for me to do. Because by transforming myself, I open my heart up to help the world around me"


Sustainability doesn't have to be exclusively environmental or economical. Sometimes sustainability can be on a social or societal level as well. This week at the Dome, and the paradigm shift that I received, has  inspired some new mantras with in my life that will hopefully allow me to create social sustainability with in my communities, myself and the world around me. I am so grateful for my time spent with the ladies of the Dome and I will continually cherish the relationships/friendships  I established this week. Thank you Dome house for new thoughts and explorations and for welcoming me with open arms. And thank you to my readers for allowing me to share some of the thoughts in my head and how they are furthering growth and helping me along the way of my transient lifestyle. 
~TentLife~ 





Check out my mission statement and other blogs. 


https://thetentlifesb.blogspot.com/2017/06/mission-statement.html

Comments