Oakland Chronicles

    What I learned about my time in Oakland was what I'm not afraid of. I learned that so long as my body is willing I am capable of anything. So let me tell you about my time in the Bay. I survived bumming around the slums of Oakland. I had a knife pulled on me. My friend's car window got smashed in and her property stolen. And I sat through some pretty uncomfortable interpersonal conflict that really made me take a look at  the importance of treating others the way I would like to be treated.
    I also got to witness the most magical fireworks I have ever seen. I befriended some strangers and connected with them as if we were old friends. I wondered to thrilling and exhilarating adventures, saying yes to every opportunity to experience something new.  And finally got to really see the magic, beauty, and culture of the Bay Area.
     Every obstacle I faced was met with adventure. Strengthening my connections with the people I shared those experiences with, and reassuring my beliefs that I can face, overcome, and achieve anything. And a big part of that was facing my conflict head on, holding my ground and not allowing space for fear or doubt to come into my world. I know that there are people who face those challenges everyday. I have much appreciation for those people. My life is sheltered by the love and light of the community I choose to surround myself with. As my first big adventure since starting this blog, I think that it is not ironic that my nomadic adventures begin with facing fear and confronting conflict. My intention for this blog is to share a positive message of creating your own reality and never giving up on your dreams. I think that facing fear is a great fist step into taking a leap of faith into the unknown. Of chasing your dreams no matter how far away they might seem. What I learned most about my time in Oakland was how to feel comfortable with in myself no matter what challenges life throws at me.
   Thanks for reading and allowing me to share my reflections of my Oakland adventures. I hope you continue to read as I share my experiences, my art, and what I have learned with all of you. I encourage you guys to shear you adventures with me as well. And thank you always for your support.
~TentLife~




Check out my mission statement and other blogs. 

https://thetentlifesb.blogspot.com/2017/06/mission-statement.html

Comments