The minimalist

What is the minimalist life style. What does it mean? Why is it becoming such a trend? Why is it rising as our societal constructs are evolving so drastically (specifically economic inequity).
  I always find it interesting when people hashtag Minimalist. It always came across to me as though they were trying to show off that they could do something that I could not.
   Before I dove into this lifestyle, I always thought people who called themselves minimalists were egotistical.  But what caught my attention is that being a "minimalist" is not a new trend. Nor is the Gypsy lifestyle. It's not ironic that with today's economy, more and more people are taking to the nomadic lifestyle.
  What is ironic,  is that with all of the fires that are happening right now people are being forced to give up their material possessions. They say that when a fire hits, you're supposed to grab only what is irreplaceable. Now boil that down to only what is irreplaceable; only to what you could carry on your back, while still making sure you are honoring your needs, such as clothing, toiletries, maybe some basic survival things.  Now imagine you had to live off of only those items for the next two months. That is what TentLife is. And people who hashtag minimalist are not trying to show of. They are trying to awaken you to what is possible.
   Now the documentary on Netflix of what "the minimalist lifestyle"is, can probably describe to you a lot better than I can, what it is that we are trying to accomplish with this movement. But my question isn't what are we doing - it's why are we doing it. Why I am blogging and sharing my thoughts about sustainability. Why do people hashtag minimalist. People don't like the complex answer. People like the simple answer. But how do I simply tell you that you are a slave to a lot of your material possessions (as well as I have been and sometimes still am)? How do I show you how important is that what you invest your money into, makes a giant impact on our planet, and that every new piece of plastic or clothing you spend your money on, can help or harm this planet. So instead of trying to tell that truth to people who only wanna hear what's simple, We #minimalist. I chose to try and show you (rather than tell you) that something else is possible. I live off of 1 bag of clothing. 1 bag of toiletries and my survival needs, my tent, my bed, my food needs and that's it. And if you read my last blog I love everything that I have, but my point is to survive off of less. If we each decided to give a little bit up, live off of slightly less, I bet we could make a world of difference.  What do you think? For this blog, I would love to hear some feedback from my readers. Please comment below. Feel free to write me, email me or find my Fb page. Thank you so much for reading. This one means a lot to my heart.
Much love
~TentLife~

Comments

  1. A great piece to read before my next chapter. Thanks for sharing your heart, and your experiences through this blog. Its inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment